Regal Jerk Chicken with Spicy Roast Potatoes
Guest blogger: @halalflavourswithfaye
Thank you to Regal Foods for sending me a selection of sauces, marinades and rub that I can use in my foods. This makes my life a whole lot easier as I don’t have to spend ages about thinking what to cook and nor do I need to go through different spices to create what I want as these marinades offer everything in one bottle.
I haven’t had jerk chicken before, so I decided to choose this particular marinade which I was very pleased with. The result was tangy and spicy chicken which was tender and soft. So so good!
Below is a recipe of the best, crispiest roast potatoes you will ever have!
Ingredients for jerk chicken
1. 8-10 drumsticks
2. 3-4 tbsp Regal Foods Jerk Chicken Marinade
3. 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
4. 1 tbsp lemon juice
5. 1 tsp chilli powder
1. Mix the above and leave to marinate for at least 3-4 hours in the fridge.
2. Take it out of the fridge at least 20 mins before cooking to let chicken come to room temperature as it will be easier to cook.
3. Use your oven or if you have a halogen grill like me, cook in there for 30 minutes or until cooked.
Spicy Roast potatoes
1. 10 small potatoes
2. 1 tbsp baking powder
3. 1 tsp garlic powder, Cajun, black pepper, cayenne, mixed herbs and a dash of thyme.
1. Boil potatoes for 7-10 minutes in baking powder water.
2. While that’s happening, heat your oven with olive oil.
3. Drain in a colander and shake to fluff them up.
4. Add the spices and cover properly.
5. Add the potatoes to the hot pan which will crisp the outside and leave the inside fluffy and soft.
6. This should take 30 minutes to make
I served with some coleslaw, salad and Regal Foods Chilli Mayo which is BOMB. It is extremely flavoursome, and it went so well with the jerk chicken.